Is your iPhone or iPad receiving the latest iOS 15 update? Answering that isn’t difficult. Normally, Apple supports iPhone OS/ iPad OS updates for up to five years. Other tech giants cannot match this level of support. It is for this reason that iOS is the world’s most popular mobile platform.
We would have to admit that it is a long list, which includes our favourite iPhone 6S, and iPod Touch (7th generation).
Here’s the list of supported devices for iOS 15:
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X, iPhone XR
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE (first and second generation)
- iPod Touch (seventh generation)
Don’t forget about the iPad’s as the updates roll out to the iPads as well. Apple will support the following devices with iPadOS 15.
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (generations 1-5)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (generations 1 to 3)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (generations 5 to 8)
- iPad Mini (generations 4 and 5)
- iPad Air (generations 2 through 4)
Which of the following categories does your device fall under? I would appreciate your comments below.